- Marketing services company creates an annual calendar detailing a touch plan for established customers: advocates monthly; steady customers every other month; less active Customers quarterly. Content is pre-planned, so program can roll-out smoothly. System blends cards, email and physical gifts.
High Appeal Strangers
- Signage company "welcomes" every new member to their Chamber of Commerce with a Messages card then follows up with another card and by phone if fit likelihood is high.
- Family medical practice secures mailing list of new move-ins to their zip code. Forwards Messages card with introductory offer.
- Quality control consulting company prospects by reviewing business magazine listings, selects ideal-sounding target companies, and touches regularly with Cards detailing capabilities and philosophy of doing business.
Sales Team Support
- Bank provides Messages access to all client or prospect facing branch personnel. Used for Prospect follow-up, New Customer welcome, and Loyal Customer touches.
- National copier company provides Messages access to field sales team for targeted prospect follow-up based on current copier status, including whether currently own a system and brand name of currently owned equipment.
- Insurance agent networks actively; categorizes "Mets" [Acquaintances] as Strong, Medium, Low potential and logs into DataManager accordingly. Follow-up plan uses cards and email, and is varied depending on the assessment at time of initial meeting.
Prospect Touch / Sell
- Financial planner thanks a new Prospect for agreeing to an appointment, then follows-up three days before the appointment to verify. Also follows up after the appointment, with type of touch based on results from meeting.
- Landscaping company follows-up immediately after formal presentation with a three-card time phased campaign; halted, if Prospect buys before end of campaign period.
- Local Chamber of Commerce follows up with visitors that haven't yet joined, series of communications that reinforce benefits and activities.
Lapsed Prospect Follow-up
- Furniture store follows-up by card, using art that depicts general type of furniture being shopped for (contemporary, etc.); offering a gift for simply revisiting and seeing the original sales person.
- Promotional company includes lapsed prospects in special offer mailings, feeling that any kind of Prospect is higher potential than a Stranger.
New Customer Welcome
- Promotional distributor sends welcoming email that includes a satisfaction feedback request. Follows up with a promotional gift, mailed or delivered by sales person.
View larger sample project chart
- Signage company follows up by card, phone, and gift with a second-time customer, believing that this second purchase is a key moment in the march toward loyalty.
New Customer Upsell/Cross-Sell
- Credit Union follows up with new customers by sending a series of six cards that present other credit union products and programs.
- Display company maintains monthly contact via card with approximately 15 accounts declared under-performing. Focus is capability and reliability; goal is to pick up increased business when competitors err.
- Bank sends birthday cards to key clients.
- Print broker sends good-will touches six times per year and "information updates" in the off month to key clients.
- Consulting company sends small gifts quarterly and a larger gift during holiday season to key clients and to advocates.
- Food wholesaler sends cards quarterly and a food basket at holiday time to key clients and advocates.
- Wedding DJ sends six month and one year anniversary cards to bride/groom.
Lapsed Customer Retrieval
- Printing company sends quarterly cards to lapsed customers, asking for another chance.
80-20 Rule Events
- Jeweler uses 3-card campaign to invite top clients to a private sale.
- Fur retailer offers "real" preferred customer pricing to key accounts.
- Distribution company sends birthday cards to all employees.
- Manufacturer recognizes extra effort on the part of employees by cards sent to homes.
- Non-Profit recognizes outstanding volunteers with cards and small gifts.
- Date-Minder follow-up system is used for above birthday programs.
- Auto service company sends reminder cards when service is again due.
Also: Watch our CPM Introductory Video.